- Ph.D. Food and Resource Economics, University of Florida, Gainesville
- M.A. Economics, University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki
- B.A. Economics, University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki
- Production economics
- Natural resource economics
- Water use efficiency and productivity
- Applied econometrics
- Technology adoption
(Previous) Research projects
- 2020-2024: SIGMA-Nexus (PRIMA/EU H2020 Project)
- 2018-2022: BioMonitor (EU H2020 Project)
- 2016-2020: FIThydro (EU H2020 Project)
- 2011-2014: FADNTOOL (EU FP7 Project)
- Economics of Water Use, Regulation and Markets (M.Sc.)
- Vrachioli, M., Stefanou, S. E. & V. Tzouvelekas (2021). Impact Evaluation of Alternative Irrigation Technology in Crete: Correcting for Selectivity Bias. Environmental and Resource Economics. In Press.
- West, T., Wilson, C., Vrachioli, M. & K. Grogan (2019). Carbon payments for extended rotations in forest plantations: Conflicting insights from a theoretical model. Ecological Economics. 163, 70-76.